Hubli Airport is located at popular Gokul road area of Hubli city. It also serves as airport for Dharwad – twin city of Hubli. As of today Hubli Airport is only a domestic airport. Besides, it is not amongst busiest and also not amongst technically advanced airports of India. Nonetheless, the major expansion of Hubli Airport is already in the process. In 2013 a memorandum-of-association (mou) was signed between Karnataka Government and Airport Authority of India (AAI) for upgrading the Hubli airport. In addition to this, Karnataka government is also planning to transform Hubli airport into international airport by year 2015. Hence in matter of few years Hubli airport is all set to become one of the busiest and advanced airports of Karnataka.
However, as of today Hubli airport is only a basic airport with just one terminal that can accommodate merely 200 passengers. In fact today runway and navigation facilities of Hubli airport is so basic that not even large air craft’s like Boeing 737 and Airbus A-320 can’t do proper landing. Notwithstanding all these limitations, Hubli airport is still connected to all the major cities like Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai and Delhi. This is all thanks to Spicejet Airlines that has connected Hubli to all these major cities. Spicejet airline is in fact the only major & popular airline that operates daily flights to and from Hubli airport.
Below is the daily schedule of Spicejet flights from Hubli to all the major cities.
- Daily Hubli to Bangalore: Flight no SG-1088: Departs Hubli: 19:45: Reaches Bangalore: 21:00.
- Daily Hubli to Mumbai: Flight no SG 2452: Departure: 14:30: Arrival at Mumbai: 15:50.
- Daily Hubli to Chennai: Flight no SG 1088: Departure: 19:45: Arrival at Chennai: 22:35.
- Daily Hubli to Delhi: Flight no SG 2452: Departure: 14:30: Arrival at Delhi: 20:35
- Daily Hubli to Jabalpur: Flight no G 2452: Departure: 14:30 Arrival at Jabalpur: 18:15.
Gokul Road, Hubli, Karnataka,
580030, Gandhi Nagar,
Hubli, Karnataka 580030.
Phone no: (0836)-223 7922, (0836)-223 7920